Saturday Reading Club
About Saturday Reading Club
Looking for a practical way to love your neighbors this summer? Free Grace Church is working with Every Neighborhood Partnership to host a Saturday Reading Club for children in our community. Volunteers will help combat summer learning loss by reading with children and providing a safe place to spend their Saturday mornings.
Who: Kids, ages 13 and under, and their parents
What: Kids will be able to borrow books, choose books to keep, and read with an adult reading buddy to practice their literacy skills. Kids can earn prizes for achieving reading goals. The top reader will earn a bicycle.
When: 10 am - 12 pm on Saturdays from June 10 - August 5
Where: Free Grace Church (3385 E. Shields Ave. 93726)
Why: our Saturday reading club will help kids practice their reading skills over the summer to prevent the "summer slump" before the next school year.
How: Register your child using this form.
Donate or Volunteer
We need donations of the following for Saturday Reading Club:
- children's books for 1st-8th graders (our goal is 25 for each grade level, or about 250 books total). Books at grade 4 reading level and below are especially needed.
- book cases (2-3, depending on the size)
- snacks/snack drinks (about 10 for each Saturday)
- candy for prizes
- $5 gift cards to places like In-n-Out, McDonalds, Starbucks, Panda Express, Baskin Robbins, etc.
- $10 gift cards/tickets to places like Manchester Cinema, Blackbeard's, Boomer's, Discovery Center, Chaffee Zoo, etc.
We need as many books as possible donated for our Saturday Reading Club! You can bring books and candy for donation to Free Grace Church on Sunday mornings and leave any boxes or bags in the Fireside Room (right across from the foyer) in the box marked "Reading Club".
Contact Trevor Watts for more information or to coordinate drop off/pick up of donations (559.905.7294 or email@example.com).